When camping, you may want to be away from the real world, surrounded by nature. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take a little bit of luxury with you. Our Trail Self-Inflating Camping Mats are a camping essential for a great night’s sleep. If you have recently purchased one of our mats, this blog post will provide you with some top tips for inflating the product.
To make sure you get the best use out of your self-inflating mat we recommend following these steps.
How to inflate?
- Lay the mat out flat where you would like the bed set up.
- Open the self-inflating valve.
- Leave for 15 minutes to allow to inflate.
- Once it looks inflated, blow in some extra air to achieve your desired firmness.
- Tightly fasten the valve to ensure no air leaks.
However, we suggest inflating some time before you plan to use if possible, this allows the foam to expand after being tightly compressed during manufacturing. After this first inflation the mat will self-inflate quickly and more efficiently.
Please Note: To achieve maximum thickness, you will always need to top-up the mat with extra air by blowing into the valve. Do not use a mechanical pump.
How to deflate
- Open the valve and roll up the mat, kneeling on it as you do so to squeeze as much air out as possible.
- Once rolled, close the valve and unroll the mat.
- With the valve closed, roll up again, tighter this time.
- Open the valve to let the last bits of air out (Careful not to let any back in).
- Repeat 3-4 if necessary, to get it packed as tightly as possible.
How should I store/care for my self-inflating mat?
Always store the mat in the bag or box in a safe spot where it will stay protected from extreme heat, cold and water. Make sure you keep all sharp objects away from your self-inflating mat as sharp objects can tear the mattress and ruin it.
To clean the mat, simply wipe clean with a damp cloth.
What if I have a problem?
If you do run into any defects within the first year, simply contact us and we will be happy to help.
Follow all these steps to make sure you get the best use out of your self-inflating mat for years to come.
Otherwise, if you haven’t purchased one of our mats, why not have a look at our full range here.